1.Acrylic Cementitious waterproofing Coating – TWO PART
Two part acrylic cementitious waterproofing coating is a type of material that is used to protect concrete and masonry surfaces from water damage. It consists of two parts – a liquid polymer and a powder mixture of cement, sand, and other additives.
When mixed together, the liquid polymer and powder mixture form a thick paste that can be applied to a variety of surfaces, including foundations, walls, and roofs. Once applied, the coating creates a seamless, durable barrier that prevents water from penetrating the surface and causing damage. Excellent performance and flexible in nature Good adhesion to most surfaces Non toxic, therefore suitable for potable water Resistant to positive and negative pressure. Resistant to carbon dioxide and chloride diffusion (Forms a Film that provides an anti carbonation coating over concrete).
Key features and benefits Two-part acrylic cementitious waterproofing coating:
- Water-resistant: Two-part acrylic cementitious coating provides excellent water resistance, making it ideal for use in areas that are prone to water damage.
- Durable: This coating forms a tough, durable surface that can withstand heavy foot traffic, extreme weather conditions, and exposure to chemicals and UV rays.
- Easy to apply: Two-part acrylic cementitious coating can be easily applied using a brush, roller, or spray equipment, and does not require any special equipment or skills.
- Versatile: This coating can be applied to a wide range of surfaces, including concrete, masonry, and metal.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Two-part acrylic cementitious coating is available in a range of colors and finishes, allowing you to customize the appearance of the surface.
- Cost-effective: Compared to other types of waterproofing materials, two-part acrylic cementitious coating is relatively inexpensive and provides excellent value for money.
Two-part acrylic cementitious waterproofing coating is a flexible, waterproofing coating, mixed at site for easy application.
- Pile head waterproofing.
- Waterproofing of potable water reservoirs, both interior and exterior.
- To provide protection for concrete against carbonation and chloride attack.
- Waterproof coating for roofs and tunnels.
- Concrete watertanks, liftwell, inspection pits.
- For swimming pools, lift well, spillways bathroom slabs, kitchen slabs and other wet areas.
- Waterproofing lining for water retaining structures.
- Waterproof background mortar for tiles, mosaic and marble.
- General construction waterproofing.
Here are general application instructions for two-part acrylic cementitious waterproofing coating:
- Surface preparation: Before applying the coating, the surface must be clean and free of any debris, loose material, or contaminants. Use a pressure washer or wire brush to remove any dirt, grime, or loose particles from the surface. Fill any cracks or holes with an appropriate repair mortar and let it dry completely.
- Mixing: The material is supplied in two parts, and premeasured. Mix the liquid polymer and powder mixture according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use a paddle mixer or drill with a mixing attachment to ensure a smooth, uniform consistency. Do not mix more material than that can be used within 45 minutes.
- Application: The surface to be treated should be thoroughly wet prior to application. Apply the coating using a brush, roller, or spray equipment. Apply the first coat evenly, making sure to cover the entire surface. Allow the first coat to dry completely before applying the second coat. The second coat should be applied in the opposite direction to ensure full coverage.
- Curing: Allow the coating to cure for at least 24 hours before exposing it to water or foot traffic. The curing time may vary depending on the temperature and humidity levels.
- Additional steps: If required, apply a topcoat or sealer to further enhance the water resistance and durability of the coating.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s specific instructions for mixing and application to ensure proper adhesion and performance of the coating.
Apply the first coat using sufficient material to cover the holes, cracks etc. completely. Once the first coat is dry, apply second coat in order to achieve the required thickness.
A 0.75kg/m2 /coat, to be applied in minimum two coat.